Monday, April 4, 2011

A-Z Challenge - 'C'

If you have read my previous two A-Z Challenge posts, you probably already can guess what my topic for today will be... *insert annoying game show buzzer sound here* Sorry, it isn't vitamin C. While this is a truly important vitamin, it just isn't my topic for today. Instead, I opted for 'Cleanse' as my topic. Cleansing the body - both internally and externally - is vitally important to good health.

Externally, we should avoid using commercial soaps that contain chemicals that can do more harm than good. Avoid antibacterial soaps at all costs! First, there simply is no need to use antibacterial soaps to get clean. Second, there are beneficial bacteria that are also destroyed through the use of these soaps.
Personally, I use Dr. Bronner's soap for cleansing. This stuff is amazing! I have posted information about it previously. Rather than re-post, I will just encourage you to read my original entry- Incense and Peppermint.

For the transition from external to internal, it is important to maintain proper oral hygiene. Contrary to government belief, fluoride is not necessary for this and should be avoided. For a good cleansing, simply brush your teeth with a paste of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Follow this with a peroxide rinse (don't swallow it) and your mouth will be wonderfully clean.

Internally, I have taken to periodic bouts with the Master Cleanse. As with Dr. Bronner's soap, I have posted several articles about my experience with the master cleanse throughout this blog so I will not repeat that here. For your convenience, here is a link to my initial post regarding the cleanse - The Heat is On. The Master Cleanse has been instrumental in my journey to wellness!

No comments: