Friday, April 15, 2011

A-Z Challenge - 'M'

One of the first steps on my journey to wellness was when I started following The Maker's Diet, so that is my topic for today.The Maker's Diet is based strictly on the foods eaten in the Old Testament. By following this diet, Jordan Rubin, the author of the book cured himself of Crohn's Disease. Crohn's Disease is "a chronic inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) that causes inflammation of the digestive tract, also known as the gastrointestinal (GI) tract." (Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America) It is generally an incurable condition, though Jordan Rubin has proved that to be wrong.

As with any change of lifestyle, The Maker's Diet is not the easiest diet to follow at first - especially if you are accustomed to the standard American diet.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you still follow it? It sounds quite interesting. I'm jsut a very lazy type of person and don't really like going after things much but I think there are a lot of things I could use... Hmm, now I'm thinking...
Glad to have found you.
- andrea, an A to Z participant

Greg said...

@wordyliving I do still follow it, though not as strictly as I did when I started. I have made many changes to what I eat as a result of The Maker's Diet.