Friday, January 8, 2010

Thus it begins!

Today marks the first, official day of my journey to wellness with The Maker's Diet!

OK, so I started with last night's dinner, but I am not really counting that when it comes to being 'IN' Phase 1.  Phase 1 is designed for a 14 day period, and I am trying to take that literally and stick to calendar days - not a dinner to dinner day.

Up at 7:30 today, thanks to Ginger, the dog, needing to go out.  Fortunately, the snow isn't too bad yet.

I started my day with my daily serving of VIDACELL as is normal.  I had recently been mixing the VIDACELL with oatmeal.  Oatmeal is not allowed during phase 1, so I simply mixed it with 4 oz. of hot water as is recommended.  I find that it works best to give the VIDACELL some time to dissolve in the water prior to consuming it, so while it sat there dissolving I started making my breakfast.

Breakfast consisted of a 2 egg omelet with broccoli, onions, and flax seed cooked in a cast iron skillet.  I am not entirely sure if cast iron was used during biblical times but teflon sure wasn't!  The Maker's Diet recommends that everything be cooked in glass, stainless steel, or cast iron - no teflon.

Following breakfast, I took 2 of my 1,000 mcg (microgram) B12 supplement.  Yes, it is intended for 1 per day, but as I am trying to correct a perceived deficiency I decided to use two today.  There is no known toxicity problem with taking too much of the B vitamins.  While I wouldn't supplement with any more than 2,000 mcg, I feel safe with that dosage.  As well, though my B12 supplement is not terribly expensive, I have no desire to spend more than I need to.  I fully intend to revert to taking only 1 per day and potentially stop using it all together once I am in full swing with the diet.

I am writing this while giving my body time to digest.  Shortly, I will be doing an exercise session.  I am as yet undecided on using the Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board or spending some time with my T'ai Chi DVD.  I may do a combination of the two!

Oh, and thank you Josh for yet another resource!

No comments: