Sunday, January 17, 2010

A couple of days later...

OK, so the last couple of days were really busy!  Some good things as well as some not so good things came as a result.

First, the bad...  I found myself in a situation where I didn't have a very good choice for food.  On Friday, we took the family to New York to visit the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA).  Though the plan was to pick up something to eat at Dunkin' Donuts at the New Haven train station, I got up early enough to make myself breakfast.  I knew that my chances of eating right later in the day were going to be slim, so I decided to start the day right and not compound the problem.  Sure enough, as the day went on it was fairly obvious that my only two choices were to find something to eat in New York or wait until we got home.  As it was, my choices were further narrowed as we only had time to find something quick to eat at Grand Central Station.  The result?  I ended up cheating for that meal.  Not to over-rationalize things but cheating is not a terribly big problem - as long as you don't let it derail you entirely. 

On the positive side, we went grocery shopping on Saturday and I was able to pick up a few more foods from the acceptable list.  I stocked up on some vegetables to give myself some variety.  As well, I had made the decision to order the Garden of Life Primal Defense in order to improve my results.  My delivery arrived yesterday.  Hopefully, this will work well for me in addition to following the diet.  As well, I hope it will help make up for the times when I may not be able to eat entirely correctly.  I do not intend to use it as an excuse for eating poorly, though.

Well, my eating is back on track today and no reason for that to change in the near future.

No comments: