Thursday, February 11, 2010

Waiting, waiting...

So, the potential yogurt has been removed from the 'incubator' and placed into the refrigerator to chill overnight.  It seems to be a bit too runny but, according to several sources, this is normal for homemade yogurt.  It will be interesting to see what the result is tomorrow morning.  I have to wonder if pouring the mixture into several jars prior to incubation has made a difference in the outcome.  Also, I think it might have been easier to simply incubate the mixture in one pot and separate it into the individual jars prior to refrigeration.

At this time, I think that I will revise my method in my next attempt - no matter what the result of this attempt is.  I will likely be able to monitor the progress better and have a more consistent result by making one large batch rather than several smaller individual servings.

No comments: