Sunday, October 3, 2010

I'm On Fire

Day three of the Master Cleanse - according to several reports - is one of the hardest days to conquer, but I'm on fire!  Today wasn't hard at all for me.  It was also a day that we spent mostly away from home which should have compounded the difficulty.  It is never easy to stick to any sort of dietary change when you are on the road.  Proper preparation made it really easy to manage everything, though.

Yesterday, I had to buy more lemons and maple syrup.  I wasn't completely out of either, but I knew that I would have none left by the end of today if I didn't go shopping.  Because of other errands that we had to run, I ended up going to a different grocery store than I normally do.  I was pleased to find that they had organic lemons for only a few cents more each than my normal store sold their regular lemons for.  I was a little bothered by the fact that they were a bit smaller, but they seem to yield the same amount of juice.

In reading The Complete Master Cleanse: A Step-by-Step Guide to Maximizing the Benefits of The Lemonade Diet yesterday, I learned that it is better to consume the lemonade shortly after squeezing the lemons.  The only exception to this should be when that is just not possible because you are away from home.  In this case, it is acceptable to squeeze the lemons and combine the juice with the maple syrup but not the cayenne pepper and water and store the juice/syrup mix in an airtight container to reduce oxidation until needed.  So, this morning I squeezed enough lemons for 6 servings of lemonade, mixed and consumed one for breakfast and blended maple syrup with the remainder and poured it into a mason jar.  I packed the mason jar, cayenne pepper, and water to take on the road with me to mix when I needed it.

Other than being away most of the day, the day was rather uneventful.  I didn't really have any hunger pangs so it wasn't hard to resist the temptation to eat.

No comments: