Friday, March 5, 2010

I took the dog for a walk!

OK, so the title of this post is not terribly awe-inspiring or exciting for the most part.  For me, however, it is quite a milestone.  It was such a beautiful day today that I decided to see how far I could push myself by taking Ginger for a walk.  We have a really nice walking/bicycle trail right near our home, so I figured that I would take advantage of that.  I don't do too well walking up and down hills and the trail is rather flat.  After spending some time using the Wii Fit Plus, it was time to head out for the walk.  As the trail does not allow motorized vehicles, I don't have any way to measure how far I really walked.  The trail eventually follows a small river and passes underneath a bridge.  Shortly after passing under the bridge I decided to turn around and head home.  By the time I got home, I was exhausted.  Had I not turned around when I did, I might have had trouble getting all the way home.

Using MapQuest, I plugged in some landmarks and got a driving distance close to where I ended up turning around.  The trail meanders a bit more than the roads do so I can only estimate that I walked about 2.5 miles round trip.

No comments: