Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Realizing Dreams

Have you ever realized a long-held dream for your life? We all dream. We all hope to achieve many things in our lives. For some people, the dream is to perform on a Broadway stage or in a Hollywood movie. Others want to make it big as the next great rock star of our age. Still others want to write the next New York Times Bestseller. For some people, the dream is to simply wake up another day and to be able to get the most out of their life.

Or perhaps, like me, you want all of that and more!

Recently, I was given an opportunity to realize one of my childhood dreams - though not in a way that I ever expected.

When I was a kid, a couple of my friends and I wanted to launch our own radio station. There was even an abandoned building not too far from home that would have been perfect (at least in our high schoolers' minds) to hold our radio station.

Fast forward to one week ago today...

I went live over the internet with my radio show! My show is hosted on Ravenz Radio, an internet radio station. I have no idea if I will ever earn a dime from the show, but it is fun to do it. Plus, I can always send people to my Amazon.com affiliate store so that they can purchase the music that I am playing. Besides, you never know what it might lead to!

"Sleeping without dreaming is peaceful. Living without dreaming is dreary."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed your show, Greg....glad it's a dream realized and hope you'll be able to continue playing music for us as long as your heart desires!