Monday, March 2, 2009

Do You Know How to Put on the Full Armor of God?

Several years ago, I conducted a Bible study focusing on Ephesians 6:10-20. This is the passage that describes the armor of God. I have always been fascinated by armor and medieval life, so this passage has always had a strong attraction for me. Most of us in this day and age do not wear armor in the sense that it is talked about in Ephesians. Sure, our soldiers put on a lot of protective gear when going into a war zone, but this is not something the average person is familiar with. As a result, I decided that I would try and learn exactly what it meant to wear God's armor. While I still have a lot to learn, the study that I conducted was quite eye-opening. While doing the study, I quickly began to realize that others could benefit from what I was learning. I decided to convert the study into a play and, eventually, a book though at the time I really didn't know if a publisher would be interested in the project. Well, after writing and producing the play, the book plans fell to the wayside.

Recently, that changed. I was introduced to a self-publishing website - Lulu.com. This website allows you to take an idea from concept to finished product without any investment on your part. While it is also true that Lulu.com will provide editing and other optional services for a fee, there is no requirement that you utilize these services to publish your book. Ultimately, the only cost involved is the required purchase of a 'proof' copy of your book to verify formatting and content. Wouldn't you want to own a copy of your own book anyway?

Lulu.com even sets up an online storefront for you as part of their service so you can market your completed project(s).

Support independent publishing: buy this book on Lulu.

No comments: