Sorry, I tried - but couldn't think of a fitting song to marry to this post...
I don't know if turmeric qualifies as a 'superfood,' but it is quite amazing! There are several (understatement of the week!) articles re: turmeric promoting the benefits of this spice. Rather than trying to re-type all of that information, I'm simply providing you with links to some of those articles. Go ahead and peruse these links. I'll wait right here for you...
- You can check out an article by Dr. Josh Axe:
- The reason that I go for turmeric rather than the isolated curcumin is described in this article found on Huffington Post:
- In case you have an issue trying to access it through the link, I'm providing a quote from that article here:
- The last link that I'm providing is a little more scientific and a little less opinionated than the previous three. WebMD:
- Definitely check out the 'Side Effects' tab before you add turmeric to your diet
...and, we're back!
OK. So, there are several reasons why you might want to add turmeric to your seasoning options. But why did I title this post "Turmeric Trigger?"
Well, turmeric is great, but it works a whole lot better when you also add its trigger to your seasoning! That trigger is piperine. Adding piperine to your spice increases the absorbability of curcumin by up to 2000%!
"So... Where do I find that piperine stuff and how much should I use?"
Piperine is easily found in black pepper and you can use as little as 1/20th tsp. to trigger your turmeric!